My Faith (Biblical Perspectives)
We are told that, "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1).
The biblical definition of faith suggests that it is intangible and invisible and yet that it is an essential element in the Christian walk – Hebrews 11:6 further states that “without it", it is impossible “to please God.” It is therefore imperative that as Christians we are required to build upon the measure of faith that we have been given, so that through the exercising of it, we walk by it and become engaged in activities devoted to pleasing God. Below are scriptures outlining how faith is exercised and developed:
Faith is therefore worked out in our lives through:
Hear God’s Word, believe and obey it (Romans 10:17).
- Please God by believing that He is and reward those who diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6).
- Believe that God will answer our sincere petitions in accordance with his will (1John 5:14-15).
- Believe that we have salvation through God’s Grace (Ephesians 2:8).
- That nothing is impossible for God to do in our lives (Matthew 19:26).
- That our Faith stands in God’s Power not man's wisdom (1 Corinthians 2:5).
- We will trust in God with all our HEART and not lean on our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6).
- That it is a powerful spiritual Grace which has substance and provides evidence (Hebrews 11:1).
- Glorify God by demonstrating our love for you through acts of kindness (so we will have Faith that is backed up by our Works) James 2:17.
- Walk using spiritual vision and not by what we see (2 Corinthians 5:7).
- We will be still and know that God is God and is worthy of all our worship love and praise (Psalms 46:10).
listening to the Word of God; believing what he says and not what we see; that he draws near to us as we commune with him, seek his grace and trust that he is able to impossible things through his omnipotence; providing the evidence our faith needs and backing it with activities that confirm our wholehearted trust in God.
Collection of Biblical Perspectives
The Lifesaving Good News The gospel, otherwise known as the "good news", is described by Paul in Romans 1:16 as the "power of God unto salvation to all who believes"...more
Happiness; a much-sought after state of mind is, according to the bible, what all Christians need to be striving for...more
Nothing of Himself It’s interesting in the scriptures above that an important aspect of Christ’s mission was to reveal the character of God...more
Peace When placed in context of the scriptural passage, we find Jesus describing his mission on earth as God's spiritual peace envoy...more
My Faith Faith is intangible and invisible and yet it is an essential element in the Christian walk...more
Salvation: The Ark of God! We need not question any further; God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit work in partnership to execute the mystery of salvation...more
The Anatomy of Repentance Paradoxically, when we are engaged in it, it is "sin" that feels like height and "repentance" that seems like depths...more
The Purpose of Joy Joy therefore is the natural response to the transformation brought about by divine intervention...more
Be Still And Know God Stillness is a state of mind- not moving or making a sound (adjective) deep silence and calm...more
Finding Our Purpose If we are made in the image and likeness of God, he expects us to have his character as well...more
Suffering to Learn from What is clear however is that God has designed suffering for us to learn from, praise Him for and gain righteousness in...more
Forgiveness God is the king who mercifully forgave the debt of ten thousand talents which was owed to him by one of his servants...more
Prayer In the parable prayer is characterised as an impossible activity: an exchange between the lowest of the low in society with the most inaccessible authority of the land...more
Weariness We need not succumb to fear when we have God on our side. If we exchange human fear with "fear of the Lord" we have wisdom...more
Have Faith in God! It is interesting that prayer is the essential component in developing faith in God...more
Thanksgiving He was a model intercessor whose primary motivation was God's glory (see Nehemiah 1:4-11)...more